The major objective of the field of study Management and production engineering is delivery of a professional Master of Science, suitable for the needs of logistic systems and enterprises operating in the conditions of free-market economy who is able to:
- Combine engineering knowledge in the area of logistic systems with the knowledge related to business administration,
- Design logistic systems and organize processes in an enterprise,
- Organise properly the logistic, production and auxiliary processes in an enterprise,
- Manage the resources of an enterprise in line with its needs, particularly from the perspective of logistic and production processes,
- Manage the personnel in an enterprise,
- Use the IT and ICT systems especially in the areas of logistic planning and execution in a proficient way.
The basic scope of knowledge of the graduate of Management and Production Engineering comprises:
- general engineering topics,
- topics related with preparation and organisation of logistic systems in an enterprise,
- topics related with quantitative methods and application of IT and ICT systems in management,
- social science and economics related with acquisition of organisational skills in business administration in the free-market economy conditions,
- methods of analysis, diagnosis and designing of organisational systems and systems of management.