Currently, admissions to the University of Szczecin do not take place on the website: ukraina.irk.edu.pl.
The University of Szczecin admissions take place only via the Online Admissions System: https://e-rekrutacja.usz.edu.pl/ between May 8th and September 22nd, 2023 (08.05 - 22.09.2023).
It is a degree programme in English intended for people interested in water biology who want to develop their interest in the animate world of the hydrosphere. The programme provides knowledge of water biology, based on biology, ecology, molecular biology, chemistry and geography. During classes in the laboratory, in the field, and during lectures, you will learn about animate and inanimate components of waters, in relation to the types of water bodies and the areas in which they occur. As a graduate of this course, you will be able to interpret and describe natural phenomena occurring in aquatic ecosystems. .
SKILLS GAINED IN THE COURSE OF THE DEGREE PROGRAMME
The graduates of Hydrobiology degree programme will know:
• how to recognize aquatic species of plants, animals and fungi
• the structure and functioning of aquatic organisms at the anatomical, molecular and physiological level
• the ecological principles of the water ecosystems functioning
• how to plan and perform the laboratory and field work
• how to monitor the water environment, assess its quality and condition,
• how to use tools to protect and revitalize aquatic ecosystems.
Ecology of water environment, Global water resources, Hydrozoology of invertebrates I, Hydrozoology of vertebrates, Water chemistry, Basics of entrepreneurship, Biochemistry, Cell biology Hydrobotany, Bioinformatics, Climatology, Ichthyology, Microbiology of the aquatic environment, Ornithology, Physiology of water plants, Assessment of the ecological condition of surface waters Herpetology and mammalogy, Oceanography, Water resources management, Environmental policy, Evolution, Hydrology, Nature conservation.
CAREERS AND EMPLOYMENT:
Possible employment prospects for Hydrobiology graduates include the following professions:
• lab technicians,
• specialists in environmental education
• university researchers and teachers
• owners and employees of companies and institutions performing tasks related to the protection of nature and the environment.
Group I (select one subject): biology, chemistry, mathematics, a modern foreign language - English
Group II (select one subject): physics and astronomy/physics, computer science, geography
Group III (select one subject): any subject
Candidates must have a command of English sufficient to study in this language.
During the course of studies students are involved in active work on research projects performed at the Institute of Biology. Students have the opportunity to implement their own ideas in research clubs and present the results of their research at international conferences. Students can use modern, specialized research equipment of the Centre for Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (CBMiB) and the Mobile Center for Ecological Education and Environmental Monitoring (PotamON).