Currently, admissions to the University of Szczecin do not take place on the website: ukraina.irk.edu.pl.
The University of Szczecin admissions take place only via the Online Admissions System: https://e-rekrutacja.usz.edu.pl/ between May 8th and September 22nd, 2023 (08.05 - 22.09.2023).
Economics and IT Applications is a degree programme with English as the language of instruction. The main objective of the programme is to provide students with domain-specific knowledge and to build up their competencies in ICT systems and applications as well as in economics in order to enhance their position in the national and international labour market. Graduates have a wide range of employment opportunities both in private and public sector at all levels of organisation, also with English as the main corporate language.
SKILLS GAINED IN THE COURSE OF THE DEGREE PROGRAMME
You will learn:
• the basics of economics, finance, marketing and management
• the basics of programming and designing information systems for desktop and mobile devices
• how to analyse domestic and foreign market phenomena, whether at enterprise level, at the level of a public organisation or the economy as a whole
• how to use IT tools, systems and applications that support managing one’s own business and making decisions both in private and public sector units
• how to manage information, projects and teams.
Analysis of Enterprises' Market Position, Economic Analysis in Enterprise, Data Acquisition Systems, Corporate Finance, Mobile systems, Risk Evaluation of Economic Activity, Databases in Economic Applications, Computer-aided Modelling and Simulation, Consumer Behaviour, Corporate Finance Management, Real Estate Brokerage, Business Globalization
CAREERS AND EMPLOYMENT:
Our graduates work as:
• data analysts,
• independent business or market data analysts
• specialists in the evaluation and selection of ICT tools supporting decision-making in one’s own business, in private or in public sector
• specialists and managers of projects related to economic activity
• owners and employees of consulting companies
• specialists in the audit of information systems in organisations
The curriculum has a modular design, which enables students to choose an individual educational path, tailored to their preferences.
Module course 1: IT engineering in business
Module course 2: Market research methods
Module course 3: Analysis and diagnosis in an enterprise
Module course 4: IT in business
Module course 5: Real estate markets
Module course 6: Market and competition
4th semester: students choose two modules out of 1-3
5th semester: students choose two modules out of 4-6
Group I (select one subject): geography, history, mathematics, social studies
Group II: English
Group III (select one subject): biology, chemistry, physica and astronomy/physics, geography, history, computer science, modern foreign language, social studies
Candidates must have a command of English sufficient to study in this language.
The quality of the study programme is guaranteed by the academic category A certified by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education in Poland. Moreover:
• teaching is carried out in computer laboratories with the use of modern applications
• all courses are held in English and conducted by University of Szczecin staff and foreign lecturers
• joint classes with international exchange students are an opportunity to make interesting friends and work on collaborative projects
• a significant proportion of classes are taught by lecturers with practical experience