Currently, admissions to the University of Szczecin do not take place on the website: ukraina.irk.edu.pl.
The University of Szczecin admissions take place only via the Online Admissions System: https://e-rekrutacja.usz.edu.pl/ between June 6th and September 22nd, 2022 (06.06 - 22.09.2022).
Global Communication is an English-language degree programme, combining linguistics and cultural studies. The curriculum facilitates comprehensive personal and academic development – acquiring theoretical knowledge, practical skills, and social /cultural competences valued in the modern labour market. The courses of two additional foreign languages are another major asset of the programme.
SKILLS GAINED IN THE COURSE OF THE DEGREE PROGRAMME
The graduates of Global Communication BA degree programme boast:
• advanced competence in the English language (C1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages [CEFR]), gained in the course of practical classes, such as phonetics, grammar, writing, and conversation
• skills in specialist varieties of English, for different practical applications, including business, law, corporate structures, EU institutions, digital media
• knowledge of linguistic and cultural diversity of the world, acquired during classes on applied linguistics, comparative pragmatics, sociolinguistics, multimodal and intercultural communication
• ability to conduct basic scientific research in the field of linguistics, gained during research workshops
• social and communicative competences, shaped in classes devoted to social discourses, multilingualism, and multiculturality
• practical knowledge of two additional foreign languages: B1 (foreign language no. 1) and A2 (foreign language no. 2)
Language Registers and Stylistic Variation, Modality in Communication, Language of Digital Media, Business English, Legal English, Communication in Corporations, Communication in EU Institutions, Discourse and Society, Intercultural Communication, Language Policy and Planning
CAREERS AND EMPLOYMENT:
Skills and competences possessed by the graduates of the BA programme may be efficiently applied in different professional environments:
• international organizations and institutions: EU structures, UN structures,
• public administration: international co-operation divisions, offices for EU projects and funds, public information offices
• international non-governmental organizations (INGO), charitable foundations
• cultural institutions, cultural-educational establishments (international exchange programmes;organizing events and contests)
• international enterprises
• marketing and advertising agencies
• publishing houses
Possible employment prospects include being a PR specialist, customer service specialist, clerk, editor of specialist texts in English, copywriter with skills in foreign languages.
Group I: modern foreign language – English
Group II (select one subject): Polish, modern foreign language
Group III (select one subject): geography, history, biology, physics, citizenship education (civics), modern foreign language
Candidates must have a command of English sufficient to study in this language.
Students choose two additional foreign languages out of the following: Chinese, Russian, French, Spanish, or German. The number of groups available in a particular year may vary depending on the number of students and their preferences.
Kandydat wybiera 1 przedmiot z każdej grupy
Kryteria kwalifikacji - grupa I:
- język obcy nowożytny: angielski
Kryteria kwalifikacji - grupa II:
Kryteria kwalifikacji - grupa III:
- fizyka i astronomia / fizyka
- język obcy nowożytny: dowolny
- wiedza o społeczeństwie