Dates: 1.07.2022 - 30.09.2022
Ukrainian citizens who are students in Ukraine in the academic year 2021/22, who have crossed the Polish border no earlier than 24 February 2022 and intend to continue their studies at the University of Warsaw.
Aims of the course:
learning Polish with an emphasis on communication and vocabulary useful during studies, preparation for studies at the University of Warsaw through familiarization with the structure, rules and possibilities offered by the University, adaptation to a new situation, providing basic knowledge about Polish culture and communication in a multicultural environment.
I. The inauguration of the course
The inauguration of the course will take place on July 1, 2022. Participants will learn about the programme and the rules of participation, about the structure of the University (who is who), and find out what fields of study and research opportunities are offered by the University of Warsaw.
After the information part, there will be a walking guided tour around the Main Campus of the University of Warsaw, during which participants will learn about its history and learn interesting facts about the University and people associated with the UW. It will also be an opportunity for integration.
II. Learning plan
From 4 July to 30 September the core of the program are language courses:
- providing psychological support and soft skills development, including workshops on dealing with stress and trauma, psychoeducation, career planning; personal culture in the digital environment;
- developing hard skills such as MS Excel, knowledge of the USOS university system;
- integration of participants in the new cultural environment, e.g. cultural orientation workshops and intercultural communication workshops;
- preparation for studying at university - onboarding at UW;
The course is planned as a three-month course, and scholarship will be awarded in a month-cycle, on condition of participation in classes during a previous month.
Registration: 6 - 19.06.2022 12 pm. (CET)
Announcement of results: until 27.06.2022
- personal form generated from the IRK system (from the candidate's account)
- copy of passport/identity document
- document certifying student status at Ukrainian university in academic year 2021/22 (e.g. certificate of student status, scan of student ID card)
- a document certifying the crossing of the border of the Republic of Poland not earlier than 24 February, 2022
- completeness of the application and fulfilment of NAWA requirements (technical evaluation);
- completion of the Polish language placement test;
- priority will be given to candidates who are qualified for entry on the list of students of the University of Warsaw, or in the case of units of the UW, which have not yet completed the admission process: candidates who have submitted complete applications for studies;
- the qualification will be decided by the order of applications (until all places have been filled).
1) Completeness of the application and fulfilment of NAWA requirements (technical evaluation)
2) Completion of the Polish language placement test - complete the test (access key: NAWA)
3) Priority will be given to candidates who are qualified for entry on the list of students of the University of Warsaw, or in the case of units of the UW, which have not yet completed the admission process: candidates who have submitted complete applications for studies.
4) the qualification will be decided by the order of applications (until all places have been filled)