Information on processing of personal data for users of
the Online Admission System for Candidates from Ukraine
Joint Personal Data Controllers
Joint Personal Data Controllers:
1. University of Warsaw, 26/28 Krakowskie Przedmieście, 00-927 Warsaw;
You can contact the Controller:
- by mail: University of Warsaw, 26/28 Krakowskie Przedmieście, 00-927 Warsaw;
- by phone: +22 55 20 000
You can contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) of the University of Warsaw by email at: email@example.com.
2. The institution which you apply to.
Purposes of and legal basis for processing
Your personal data will be processed in order to register your application with the Online Admission System for Candidates from Ukraine (hereinafter referred to as "the System") and to carry out the admission process.
The basis for personal data processing is provided by Article 6(1)(e) of the GDPR - the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
Data retention period
Your data shall be processed for the duration of the study admissions process and thereafter for a period of 6 months.
Access to your personal data will be available to authorised employees, associates or students of the Joint Controllers who need to process your data in connection with the operation of the System.
The recipients of your data may also be entities contracted by the Joint Controllers to carry out specific activities that involve the processing of personal data.
Rights in relation to data processing
We guarantee you the ability to exercise all your rights according to the principles specified by the GDPR, i.e. the right to:
- access the data and receive a copy;
- rectify (correct) your personal data;
- restrict personal data processing;
- erase personal data (subject to Article 17(3) of the GDPR);
- object to the processing of personal data;
- lodge a complaint with the President of the Personal Data Protection Office if you believe that the personal data processing violates the personal data protection laws.
Obligation to provide data and consequences of failure to provide data
The provision of personal data is necessary for the registration of your application with the System. If you refuse to provide personal data, registration of your application will not be possible.
 Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)